Welcome to Student Health Services
"We can't educate children who are not healthy, and we cannot keep them healthy if they are not educated." - Former U.S. Surgeon General Joycelyn Elders
Lake Travis ISD recognizes that the specialty of school nursing protects and promotes student health, facilitates optimal whole-child development, and advances academic success. Each campus employs a full-time Registered Nurse, with additional LVN support at the high school.
Our campus nurses, operating under ethical and evidence-based practices established by the state Board of Nursing, serve as liaisons between school personnel, family, community, and healthcare providers to create a healthy learning environment for all. Our nurses:
- coordinate care for students with special medical needs
- monitor required immunizations
- perform health screenings and assessments and make referrals
- promote a healthy school environment
- provide health education, including guidance for growth and development
- track communicable diseases
- empower school personnel to assist during emergencies
- provide direct health care to students who become sick or injured at school
We believe all children deserve access to an education. We believe all children deserve access to healthcare when needed. We believe school nurses help make both of these things possible.