Welcome to Facilities and Construction
The Lake Travis Independent School District's Facilities and Construction department is responsible for the folowing operational components:
- Facilities Planning
- Bond Program Planning
- Land Acquisition for Future Facilities
- Facilities Construction
- Energy Management
- Safety and Security
Since 2003, Lake Travis ISD voters have approved nearly $575 million in school bonds:
- 2017 - Voters approved a $253,000,000 bond package. The major components of the district’s 2018 bond program include Middle School #3; Elementary School #7; upgrades, renovations, and repairs to existing facilities; school buses, including installation of seat belts; technology; land for future facilities and utilities.
- 2011 - Voters approved a $158,500,000 bond referendum to fund the construction of a new elementary school—West Cypress Hills Elementary, and new Lake Travis Middle School; the expansion of Lake Travis High School into the former Lake Travis Middle School campus; the expansion of Hudson Bend Middle School; upgrades for existing facilities; and district-wide improvements.
- 2005 - Voters approved a $126,830,000 school bond election. The five-year bond series included the renovation and expansion of Lake Travis High School. Other items in the package consisted of a fifth elementary school (Serene Hills); expansion of both Lake Travis and Hudson Bend middle schools; improvements to various athletic facilities; construction of a transportation facility/warehouse; and land acquisition in anticipation of future growth and facilities.
- 2003 - Voters approved a $36,275,000 school bond election. The three-year bond series included improvements at various elementary schools, including major renovation at Lake Travis Elementary School, district-wide technology and utility upgrades, and other district-wide site improvements.