For fairness and consistency, Cavs in Service has established GUIDELINES.For the most complete explanation of the program, please read the guidelines here:
Guidelines effective August 2017.
In brief, to be considered for Cavs In Service credit:
- Hours must be volunteer service for a non-profit organization found on the CIS List of Approved Organizations, or similar non-profit organizations involving work in accordance with CIS Guidelines. All religious organization service will be honored excepting fundraising.
- Service REQUIRED for Lake Travis High School or a school related class, club, organization, extracurricular, or booster club is not eligible.
- Fundraising is not eligible.
- For overnight camps, the maximum service that will be credited is 10 hours per day.
- Eligible service may begin June 1st after completion of eighth grade.
- All hours submissions to CAVS in Service must include a verifiable signature (not by a parent or student).
Check before you volunteer!Refer to the List of Approved Organizations BEFORE you volunteer. If your organization isn't listed, follow the instructions on how to request approval.
- All submissions must be printed, stapled packets consisting of a coversheet & hours verification sheets turned in by established deadlines.