Did you submit service hours that did not get approved?
Students may appeal if hours were not accepted.FIRST - check your final approved hours on the "Check your CIS hours" page.
SECOND - if you were not credited with all the hours you submitted, review the common situations below. You may recognize a similar situation and understand why hours were denied.THIRD - for eligible appeals, use this Appeal Request form. This form, along with any other needed information must be submitted to the CIS mailbox in the front office of the main building sometime between March 1st and the deadline on April 1st, 2021 by 4:10 p.m. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to this ultimate deadline.Appeals will be accepted in the following situations:
What you CAN appeal:
– more information was needed regarding the organization, event, or service performed.
– clarification was needed regarding the signature verification or no signature verification was provided per unique calendar date and time.
– a calculation mistake was made when adding your hours or a data entry mistake was made.
If hours were not accepted for the following reasons, you CANNOT appeal:
What you CANNOT appeal (see GUIDELINES):
– ineligible dates
– activities in service REQUIRED for academic credit, or an LTHS extracurricular, club, organization, sport, or booster
– fundraising--specifically, asking for money overtly. Service performed for a non-profit that is fundraising may be accepted.
– hours in excess of 10 hours per day for overnight camps
– 20 hours per year for fostering animals are allowable (30 minutes a day, allowed daily rate)
– internships or unpaid labor performed for for-profit businesses