BYOD or BYOLT (Bring Your Own Learning Technologies)
Engaging our students in deeper learning opportunities to prepare them for life beyond High School and College!BYOD - Bring Your Own Device
Why it’s popular: As teachers strive to prepare our students for the future, BYOLT replicates a technology-rich environment that is already common in higher education and businesses today. Each student learns differently and personal devices offer flexibility to support each individual learner's needs, helping students identify skills that will make them life-long learners. BYOLT has the potential to increased student engagement and motivate students for positive learning outcomes.
What parents need to know:
Use of Personally Owned Devices
- Access to District's technology resources, including the Internet, shall be made available to students and employees primarily for instructional and administrative purposes in accordance with administrative regulations
Users agree to the following terms anytime a personally owned device is used on LTISD property or at a District Sponsored event:
- District/Campus Administration govern the use of personal devices on LTISD property or at District Sponsored events
- Users are required to abide by the district AUP which defines the expectations for appropriate use.
- Personally owned devices are only permitted to connect to the district provided wireless network with the SSID: LT Public. Personal 3G/4G/LTE data plans are not permissible for use. Connecting personal devices to the LT Public network is the sole responsibility of the end user.
- LTISD does not trouble-shoot, provided technical support or repairs for personally owned devices.
- Lake Travis ISD is not responsible for any physical damage, loss or theft of personally owned devices.
- Employees using personal devices agree to adhere to all the provisions of the AUP and Board Policies DH and CQ.
Content Filter: All LT internet access is filtered according to Children's Internet Protection and Privacy Act (CIPPA). In addition, our filter may also block relevant and practical web resources for teacher and student use. If teachers come across a site that may be blocked by our filter, but feel this is in error, please submit a work order request for URL review. Conversely, if a teacher comes across a site with inappropriate content, please notify the Helpdesk immediately at extension 6565.Devices
Devices LTISD has been working with Dell Computer Corp. to bring the Lake Travis area affordable digital technology. Whether you are a student, faculty, or just a member of our community we have partnered with Dell to bring you special pricing for your technology needs. To take advantage of these discounts visit: http://dell.com/mpp and reference the Member ID: SS136943736Guest Access
Welcome to LTISD the destination district! Make the most of your time here and be our Guest!
What guests need to know:
- LTISD has deployed wireless access in most locations district-wide. Guest are welcome to access the internet while visiting LTISD campuses.
- LT_Public wireless network is intended for use by LTISD guests, as well as, any personal devices of both Staff/Student (BYOLT).
- Only LTISD district owned devices should connect to LT_Internal network.
All LT internet access (including Guest) is filtered according to Children's Internet Protection and Privacy Act (CIPPA).