The Accounts Payable Department is responsible for all non-payroll disbursements, and ensuring payments to vendors are made timely and accurately. Other related duties and responsibilities include management of the travel disbursement and payments.
The Helpful Hints section listed below is a sampling of the District’s policies and procedures as it relates to Accounts Payable.
- Travel claims will be processed in accordance to LTISD policies and guidelines. However, supervisors have the discretion to limit travel reimbursements in order to meet budgetary restrictions.
- Prior approval for reimbursement of travel and supplies must be obtained before expenses are incurred.
- Purchase orders must be received online and original invoices received in the Accounts Payable Department in order to process payments.
- When registering for a workshop, conference or paying for a membership, a purchase order may be prepaid. A prepaid purchase order must include documentation for payment such as the conference registration.
- Sales tax will not be reimbursed when the total amount of the receipt is claimed.
- When filing a claim for group business meals, list the number and names of attendees and purpose of meal. If the claim is for a staff meal, it is acceptable to just list “staff” and the number of attendees and purpose of the meal.
- State tax will not be reimbursed for a hotel stay. Remember to take a Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exempt form.