Welcome to the LT Mentor Me Program
Important Update to LT Mentor Me Program
We are pleased to inform you that visitors and volunteers may enter our campuses districtwide, effective Monday, October 18. This update to our protocols is the result of a decrease in the number of COVID-19 cases and the decision by Austin-Travis County to re-enter Stage 3 of the area's COVID-19 Risk-Based Guidelines.
Become a Mentor Today!
- Mentors are adult volunteers who commit to working with one student throughout the course of the school year for 30-45 minutes at least twice a month (once a week is preferred).The child’s parent must sign a permission form before he or she can be mentored.
- Meetings must occur on campus during lunch or after school.
- Mentors must agree to a complete criminal background check to be conducted by the Texas Department of Public Safety.
- Mentors will be required to utilize Raptor and scan their drivers license to sign in for each visit.
- Mentors will be required to attend a training session at the LTISD Central Administration building and sign a Confidentiality Pledge.
If you are interested in becoming a mentor, simply complete and scan the application below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 512-533-6001, or mail it to LTISD Community Relations, 3322 RR 620 South, Austin, TX 78738.
Criminal History Forms (Please return these forms with your application.)
Please contact GW Byers, LTISD Community Relations Liaison, at 512-533-6099 or email@example.com for more information.
To learn more about our high school student PAL program (Peer Assistance and Leadership), CLICK HERE.