Welcome to the LT Mentor Me Program
Please note, out of an abundance of caution, the LTISD mentor and volunteer programs are suspended until further notice.
Become a Mentor Today!
- Mentors are adult volunteers who commit to working with one student throughout the course of the school year for 30 - 45 minutes at least twice a month (once a week is preferred).The child’s parent must sign a permission form before he or she can be mentored.
- Meetings must occur on campus during lunch or after school.
- Mentors must agree to a complete criminal background check to be conducted by the Texas Department of Public Safety.
- Mentors will be required to utilize Raptor and scan their driver license to sign in for each visit.
- Mentors will be required to attend a training session at the LTISD Central Administration building and sign a Confidentiality Pledge.
If you are interested in becoming a mentor, simply complete and scan the application below and email it to email@example.com, fax to 512-533-6001, or mail it to LTISD, Attn.: Community Relations, 3322 RR 620 South, Austin, TX 78738.
Criminal History Forms (Please return these forms with your application.)
Please contact GW Byers, LTISD Community Relations Liaison, at 512-533-6099 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
To learn more about our high school student PAL program (Peer Assistance and Leadership), CLICK HERE.