Thank you for your interest in the LTISD Prekindergarten Program!
This program is a one-year Kindergarten readiness program for those students preparing for enrollment in Kindergarten the following curriculum year and are four years old by September 1. The program is not available to those students age-eligible for Kindergarten enrollment (5+ yrs of age). Hours of operation follow elementary school hours (7:40 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.) and Prekindergarten students are eligible for Extended Care through LTISD Community Programs. Currently, the Prekindergarten program is $6,000 a year divided into 9 equal payments beginning with the first payment due in September and ending with the final payment due in May.
- Qualifying student enrollment dates: March 28, 2022 - April 23, 2022.
See below for details and application forms.
- Tuition-based Pre-kindergarten enrollment begins April 1, 2022.
Questions may be directed to Lisa Prosper-Stevenson in the Curriculum & Instruction Department at email@example.com or 512-533-5997.
Qualifying Student Enrollment for School Year 2022-2023
Prekindergarten families who feel their child could qualify for free Prekindergarten for the 2022-2023 school year under state guidelines will fill out the form linked below and submit a qualifying Prekindergarten application. Submit qualifying applications from the links below via email to the registrar at your child's zoned elementary campus for Kindergarten - 5th Grade.
How do I qualify for non-tuition-based Pre-K?
Lake Travis ISD will offer non-tuition-based, full-day pre-kindergarten classes for children who are (4) four years old on or before September 1 of the curriculum calendar, live in the district, and:
- have a limited ability to speak and/or comprehend the English language; or
- are homeless; or
- whose family income allows the child to qualify for free or reduced lunch; or
- active duty uniformed members, which includes parents or guardians, of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force or Coast Guard who are assigned to duty stations in Texas or who are Texans who have eligible children residing in Texas; or
- Guard and Reserve-Activated/Mobilized uniformed members of the Texas National Guard-Army or Air Guard or the Activated/Mobilized members of the Reserve components of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force or Coast Guard who are Texas residents regardless of the location of the reserve unit; or
- military parents who are missing in action or who have died.
- is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code.
*Please see Qualifying Pre-kindergarten Application form for testing and documentation requirements.
Please note the feeder patterns for Free Prekindergarten Qualifiers and tuition-based applicants are as follows, space permitting:
- Lake Travis Elementary and Lakeway Elementary attendance zones attend Prekindergarten at Lake Travis Elementary.
- Serene Hills Elementary, Rough Hollow Elementary, and West Cypress Hills Elementary attendance zones attend Prekindergarten at Serene Hills Elementary.
- Lake Pointe Elementary and Bee Cave Elementary attendance zones attend Prekindergarten at Lake Pointe Elementary.
Research shows that young children’s earliest learning experiences can have powerful long-term effects on their cognitive and emotional development, school achievement, and later life outcomes. The Lake Travis ISD Prekindergarten program provides high-quality, early learning experiences for our youngest students. Prekindergarteners:
- Develop phonological awareness, letter knowledge, and early writing
- Understand and use increasingly complex and varied language
- Develop and demonstrate an appreciation for books
- Develop math skills
- Develop social and emotional competence
- Use language to communicate for a variety of purposes