Healthy children are successful learners. The school nurse has a multi-faceted role within the school setting, one that supports the physical, mental, emotional, and social health of students and their success in the learning process.
- The school nurse provides direct health care to students and staff.
- The school nurse provides leadership for the provision of health services.
- The school nurse provides screening and referral for health conditions.
- The school nurse promotes a healthy school environment.
- The school nurse promotes health, including supporting the Human Development Curriculum
- The school nurse serves in a leadership role for health policies and programs.
- The school nurse serves as a liaison between school personnel, family, community, and health care providers