Protocols for Campus Arrival, Dismissal and Visitors
- When possible at peak times doors will be propped open and supervised to limit the need to touch door handles and assure students are wearing masks.
- Sanitizer stations will be placed at each doorway and students will be encouraged to sanitize hands upon entry.
- Schools will have campus-specific schedules and entry plans to reduce student congestion as much as possible during peak drop off times.
- Staff will be utilized for duty where needed to maintain distancing in hallways.
- Students will go directly to either the cafeteria for breakfast, or their homeroom or first period classroom.
- Parents will not be allowed to walk students to classrooms.
- Sanitizer stations will be placed at each doorway and students will be encouraged to sanitize hands prior to exit.
- Schools will have campus-specific schedules and exit plans to reduce student congestion as much as possible during peak pick up times.
- Parents picking up students during the day will call ahead so that students can be accompanied to meet a parent at the front office.
To minimize the risk of exposure, on-campus visitors will be limited to those essential to school operations. Visitors must be pre-authorized. All visitors who enter the building will be required to wear a face covering and those who proceed beyond the reception area will follow all district requirements and guidelines.
- Parents are discouraged from entering the campus except for essential business and will not be allowed beyond the front office area, unless necessary.
- Parents will be restricted from walking students inside the school building.
- Volunteers are not allowed to visit campuses at this time (including mentors, college representatives, guest speakers, etc.).
- Virtual tools will be used to conduct meetings such as PTA/PTO meetings, ARDs, LPAC, etc., when possible.
Visitor Screening/PPE Requirements
- All visitors will be subject to screening (as outlined in this document) before entering any LTISD facility.
- If visitors have COVID-19 symptoms, are test-confirmed with COVID-19, or have been in close contact with an individual who is test-confirmed with COVID-19, they must remain off campus until they meet the criteria for re-entry.
- All individuals entering the building will be required to wear face coverings.
- Visitors will stand behind the divider installed at reception desks.
- Visual reminders and signage will be used to reinforce distancing requirements, mark off areas for common spaces, and to remind visitors of distancing best practices.
- Any individuals permitted to proceed beyond the reception area must follow all safety and campus protocols outlined in this document.