Protocols for Buses
As schools reopen, students using school bus transportation services will follow revised protocols. Bus routes will run at regular capacity. Air filtration in the bus air conditioning systems have been updated to a MERV-6 filter. Although the District is implementing the safety protocols and disinfecting efforts described below, families are encouraged to drop students off, carpool or walk with their student to school to reduce possible exposure on buses.
Requirements for Riding the Bus
- All drivers and students must wear a mask while on the school bus. Any student with a medical or disability-related need for an accommodation must make a request to the campus administrator.
- Students should practice social distancing, whenever possible (if there is adequate space and it is safe to do so) while waiting for and approaching the school bus.
- When boarding, students should use hand sanitizer (provided near the bus stairwell).
- Students may NOT share drinks or personal devices while on the bus.
- Students will sit in their assigned seats. The bus driver will maintain a seating chart.
- Standard bus rules apply while the bus is in motion.
- School bus drivers, bus assistants and staff will spray and wipe down seats and high-touch items twice a day. Each bus will be deep cleaned with disinfectant spray between morning and afternoon pickup and dropoff.
- If there are any confirmed positive COVID cases on any bus route, the bus will be taken out of rotation until it can be disinfected, including electrostatic spraying of the bus interior.