Food Allergy & Special Diet Information
"This (FAMP) is an amazing document, I am so impressed how complete and thorough it is. [LTISD's] dedication to the health and well being of [its] food allergy students is clearly evident. The parents should all feel greatly reassured by this document. The training to include bus drivers goes above and beyond most districts I know of." Dr. Allen K. Lieberman, Austin Family Allergy and Asthma
A severe food allergy is defined as a dangerous or life threatening reaction to a food-borne allergen introduced by inhalation, ingestion, or skin contact that requires immediate medical attention. Reasonable meal accommodations will be made for students who have the following:
- Medical disability that restricts his/her diet and
- The disability is supported by a medical statement signed by a medical authority.
Non-medical disabilities or special dietary needs may be accommodated by the Food and Nutrition Services department as long as a reimbursable meal is served.
- Food Allergy Packet
- FANS Meal Accommodations for Students
- Food Allergy Management Plan (FAMP)
- Elementary School Special Diet Lists: Dairy-free Egg-free Gluten-free Soy-free
- HBMS Special Diet Lists: Dairy-free Egg-free Gluten-free Soy-free
- LTMS Special Diet Lists: Dairy-free Egg-free Gluten-free Soy-free
**Special Diet Lists are subject to change. Please always check here for most up-to-date and accurate list.