Elementary Music Education
Music instruction in Lake Travis ISD begins in Kindergarten. All classes are taught by a certified Music teacher and meet a minimum of once a week for 50 minutes. Opportunities at the campus level include grade-level performances, participation in after school choir programs, and special performances in the community. As part of our curriculum, all K-5 students receive instruction in part using the Quaver Music System. Students also experience and learn instruments such as recorder.
Students in selected grades are eligible to audition for the Lake Travis ISD Elementary Honor Choir which performs annually and has been a featured ensemble at the Texas State Capital for Arts in Education Day.
Elementary Music Staff
- Daniel Davis, Bee Cave Elementary
- Mari Brunson, Lake Pointe Elementary
- Janet Prochnick, Lakeway Elementary
- Matt Bowers, Lake Travis Elementary
- Felicia Hernandez, Serene Hills Elementary
- Chelsea Voltz, West Cypress Hills Elementary