LTISD 2023-2024 Prekindergarten Program
Thank you for your interest in the LTISD 2023 - 2024 Prekindergarten Program!
This program is a one-year Kindergarten readiness program for those students preparing for enrollment in Kindergarten the following curriculum year and are four years old on or before September 1, 2023. The program is not available to those students age-eligible for Kindergarten enrollment (5+ yrs of age). Hours of operation follow elementary school hours (7:40 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.) and Prekindergarten students are eligible for Extended Care through LTISD Community Programs(click this link for details). Currently, the Prekindergarten program is $6,500 a year divided into 9 payments beginning with the first payment due in September and ending with the final payment due in May.
- Qualifying student application dates: April 3, 2023 - May 5, 2023.
See below for details and application forms.
- Tuition-based Pre-kindergarten application process begins Monday, April 3, 2023, 10am.
CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION *Limited spots available.
Questions may be directed to Lisa Prosper-Stevenson in the Curriculum & Instruction Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-533-5997.
Enrollment for 2022 - 2023 is now closed for non-qualifying students.
Qualifying Student Enrollment
Prekindergarten families who feel their child could qualify for free Prekindergarten for the 2023-2024 school year under state guidelines will fill out the form linked below and submit a qualifying Prekindergarten application. Submit qualifying applications from the links below via email to the registrar at your child's zoned elementary campus for Kindergarten - 5th Grade.
Qualifying Pre-kindergarten Application 2023-2024 *Please complete both the application and the attached Home Language Survey for language testing. Thank you!
Solicitud para Pre-kinder Calificado 2023-2024 * Complete tanto la solicitud como la Encuesta del idioma del hogar adjunta para la prueba de idioma. ¡Gracias!
How do I qualify for non-tuition-based Pre-K?
Lake Travis ISD will offer non-tuition-based, full-day pre-kindergarten classes for children who are (4) four years old on or by September 1 of the curriculum calendar, live in the district, and:
- have a limited ability to speak and/or comprehend the English language; or
- are homeless; or
- whose family income allows the child to qualify for free or reduced lunch; or
- active duty uniformed members, which includes parents or guardians, of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force or Coast Guard who are assigned to duty stations in Texas or who are Texans who have eligible children residing in Texas; or
- Guard and Reserve-Activated/Mobilized uniformed members of the Texas National Guard-Army or Air Guard or the Activated/Mobilized members of the Reserve components of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force or Coast Guard who are Texas residents regardless of the location of the reserve unit; or
- military parents who are missing in action or who have died.
- is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code.
*Please see Qualifying Pre-kindergarten Application form for testing and documentation requirements.
Please note the feeder patterns for Free Prekindergarten Qualifiers and tuition-based applicants are as follows, space permitting:
- Lake Travis Elementary and Lakeway Elementary attendance zones attend Prekindergarten at Lake Travis Elementary.
- Serene Hills Elementary, Rough Hollow Elementary, and West Cypress Hills Elementary attendance zones attend Prekindergarten at Serene Hills Elementary.
- Lake Pointe Elementary and Bee Cave Elementary attendance zones attend Prekindergarten at Lake Pointe Elementary.
Research shows that young children’s earliest learning experiences can have powerful long-term effects on their cognitive and emotional development, school achievement, and later life outcomes. The Lake Travis ISD Prekindergarten program provides high-quality, early learning experiences for our youngest students. Prekindergarteners:
- Develop phonological awareness, letter knowledge, and early writing
- Understand and use increasingly complex and varied language
- Develop and demonstrate an appreciation for books
- Develop math skills
- Develop social and emotional competence
- Use language to communicate for a variety of purposes
LTISD Early Childhood Family Engagement Plan