Gifted & Talented - Discovery Program
Fall semester Gifted & Talented Program Nominations are now being accepted. Click links below to access nomination forms. You will have until the end of the first grading period (Oct. 10, 2019) to enter a nomination. All fall testing will be completed by campus GT teachers by the end of the first semester.MISSION STATEMENT
The GT/Discovery Program in LTISD is committed to:
- Developing a passion for learning, and personal growth so that students reach their talent potential as a life-long learner
- Delivering an enriched, rigorously accelerated curriculum apart from the standard classroom curriculum for identified students
- Differentiating curriculum and instructional delivery to align with the needs of students
- Directing all identified students toward intellectual, emotional, and social success in academics and life
So that all students’ intellectual, social, emotional and creative needs are met.
- Identify and serve students who perform in the top 3-5% of the students nationally in the areas of:
- general intellectual ability
- advanced academic achievement
- Provide exemplary units of study that both challenge and engage all identified students both intellectually and creatively.
- Provide learning opportunities in high order thinking skills, decision making, problem solving and reasoning.
- Address the social and emotional needs of identified students with the assistance of counselors, mentors, and peers.
- Assist classroom teachers in the process of differentiation for identified students.
- Strive to achieve exemplary status on the Texas State Plan for the Education of Gifted and Talented Students.