Welcome to LTHS Attendance Office
New Attendance Procedures for the 2023-2024 School Year
All attendance (full day and early release) will be reported through your Skyward Family Access.
Any absences or early release requests submitted for the same day will be accepted prior to 2:00 pm through Skyward. Students will not be released 3:40 pm - 4:10 pm. Parent pick-ups are welcome before 3:40 pm.
We will NOT accept phone calls, handwritten notes (from students or parents), or emails for absences or early releases. Everything must be submitted through Skyward. This is due to the volume and to maintain proper records per TEA.
Early release procedures:
- Submit your request via Skyward Family Access at least 30 minutes prior to their release time and before 2:00pm.
- Your student will still need to pick up an early release pass from the main or annex office prior to their early release time. This ensures that they are able to leave class and sign out at that time. Your student may only pick up an early release pass during the following times: before school, lunch or passing period.
- Students must sign out before leaving campus (annex or main).
- Parents DO NOT need to come sign their child out to be dismissed if they have followed the above procedure.
- If they are returning to school the same day, they must sign back in.
If a student misses more than 10 minutes of any class period, they are considered absent. This is district policy.
Supporting documentation (doctor’s notes, DPS, college visits, etc.) must be submitted within 3 days of the absence. These can be uploaded via Skyward Family Access or turned into the office (main or annex). Do not email.
Please allow at least 2-3 business days for updates and corrections to your student’s attendance record.
If you are 18, you will still need to submit your absence request via Skyward Family Access.
General attendance questions can be directed to the attendance office at email@example.com.
Please refer to the student handbook for details regarding excused absences and other attendance guidelines.
Lake Travis High School follows attendance rules set out by the Texas Education Agency and policies set by the Lake Travis Independent School District.