LTMS Student Registration Information
New to our district for 2019-2020? Welcome and thank you for choosing LTMS!
New students must set up an appointment with a counselor:
- 6th graders with last name A-Ma and all 8th graders, contact Sandy Casares at 512-533-6217 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6th graders with last name Mb-Z and all 7th graders
Enrollment Information & Instructional Hours
Thank you for your interest in enrolling your child in the Lake Travis Independent School District. LTISD welcomes all students who meet district residency and State of Texas age and health requirements. Students must live within LTISD's boundaries to attend school. New students meeting requirements are accepted at each of our campuses at any time during the school year. View attendance zone boundaries for each of our campuses.
In addition to completing the online enrollment process, specific documentation is required for each child at the time of new student enrollment. You may access the listing of required documents by selecting the 'New Student' button below. Please submit the documentation directly to the school office.
Returning students may be required to provide documentation depending upon his/her specific circumstance, ie, change in residency, updated immunization record, application for the National School Lunch Program, etc.
Please note, a child will not be permitted to start school until the required documentation is received.
LTMS Instructional Hours 2019-2020
- Start time: 8:50 A.M.
- End time: 4:10 P.M.
- Delayed Start: 10:50 A.M.
- Early Release: 1:10 P.M.
Student Enrollment Packet
- Download LTISD Student Enrollment Packet
- Download LTISD Student Enrollment Packet (SPANISH)
- In addition to the completed enrollment packet and course selection sheet (see below), please provide your child's:
- Social security information
- Birth certificate
- Up to date immunization records. View immunization requirements. Questions or concerns, please contact LTMS nurse, Cheryl Rhodes, at 512-533-6222 or via email at email@example.com
- Proof of residency (Required): lease agreement, HUD statement, closing documents, AND a current utility bill (electric, water, or gas.)
- Download Proof of Residency requirements and checklist
- Texas driver's license is not an acceptable proof of residency
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a new student vs. a returning student?
A child who was not enrolled at Lake Travis ISD on June 2, 2016 is considered a New Student. A Returning Student was enrolled at Lake Travis ISD as of June 2, 2016. This includes Pre-K students entering Kindergarten. All students, whether New or Returning Students, must select either option prior to the first day of school, Wednesday, August 14.
Who is eligible to attend Lake Travis ISD?
A child may attend the LTISD campus within the attendance zone associated with his/her residence. LTISD is not an open enrollment district. Therefore, if a child does not currently live within an LTISD attendance zone, he/she may not attend an LTISD school. However, according to school board policy (FDA local), a student who is not currently a resident student may be permitted to enroll if the student’s parent or legal guardian: 1.) is in the process of building a domicile within the District in which the foundation has been laid at the time of enrollment and the domicile is reasonably expected to be completed before the end of the school year; or 2.) will move into a leased or rented domicile within the District within 30 calendar days following the student’s enrollment. A student who wishes to attend a school other than as assigned shall submit a request in writing to the Superintendent or designee, who shall be authorized to investigate and approve transfers between schools. For additional policy information, visit the LTISD Board Policy Manual site.
How do I know which campus my child should attend?
A student must attend the school in which their residence is zoned. Current school attendance zones may be accessed here. Enter your address into Transfinder to see which campus your child should attend.
How do I pick my classes (middle and high school)?
Course selections for new students will take place during your enrollment appointment at your child’s campus.
How do I qualify for non-tuition based Pre-K?
Lake Travis ISD will offer full-day pre-kindergarten classes for children who are (4) four years old on or before September 1, 2016, live in the district, and:
- Have a limited ability to speak and/or comprehend the English language; or
- Are homeless; or
- Whose family income allows the child to qualify for free or reduced lunch; or
- Active duty uniformed members, which includes parents or guardians, of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force or Coast Guard who are assigned to duty stations in Texas or who are Texans who have eligible children residing in Texas; or
- Guard and Reserve-Activated / Mobilized uniform members of the Texas National Guard-Army or Air Guard or the Activated / Mobilized members of the Reserve components of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force or Coast Guard who are Texas residents regardless of the location of the reserve unit; or
- Military parents who are missing in action or who have died.
- Is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code.
For more Pre-K information, please visit the LTISD Early Childhood Services page linked here.
How do I qualify for free and reduced lunch?
School meals are available free or at a reduced price to students unable to pay the full price based on household size and income as established by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Click here to see income eligibility chart. Visit the LTISD Food and Nutrition Services page for a free and reduced meal application.
How do I exempt from immunization requirements?
The law allows (a) physicians to write a statement stating that the vaccine(s) required would be medically harmful or injurious to the health and well-being of the child or household member, and (b) parents/guardians to choose an exemption from immunization requirements for reasons of conscience, including a religious belief. The law does not allow parents/guardians to elect an exemption simply because of inconvenience (for example, a record is lost or incomplete and it is too much trouble to go to a physician or clinic to correct the problem). Schools and child-care facilities should maintain an up-to-date list of students with exemptions, so they may be excluded in times of emergency or epidemic declared by the commissioner of public health.
Instructions for requesting the official exemption affidavit that must be signed by parents/guardians choosing the exemption for reasons of conscience, including a religious belief, can be found at www.ImmunizeTexas.com. Original Exemption Affidavit must be completed and submitted to the school or child-care facility. Frequently Asked Questions related to immunization exemptions may be obtained here.
For children claiming medical exemptions, a written statement by the physician must be submitted to the school or child-care facility.
Do I need to enroll for transportation?
Yes. Enrollment for transportation services is included in the New Student Enrollment Packet. For Returning Students, enrollment for transportation services can be done through txConnect. As of February 16, 2016, LTISD utilizes the SMART tag transportation system for all student bus riders. Please visit our SMART tag website for more information.
How do I sign up to receive bad weather/emergency notification text messages, campus and district newsletters, and other news?
LTISD uses the Blackboard Mass Notifications system to deliver important information to you through voice messages, email, social media, and SMS text messaging. District and campus officials will use the service to provide parents with timely and relevant information regarding emergencies, news, events and activities. Please know however, this service is not intended to replace other existing means of District and campus communication.
If you are moving from a district/elementary school IN THE STATE OF TEXAS (other than LTISD):
You must provide:
- Withdrawal paperwork from your previous school, if withdrawn during the school year. VERY IMPORTANT
- Child's last report card
- Immunization records; TX Dept. of Health Services: Texas Minimum State Vaccine Requirements for Students K-12
- Proof of residence within the district (HUD statement, Lease Agreement, Sales Contract, Closing Documents, Mortgage statement, Property Tax Statement or lease/loan documents, Property Deed) Please note, bills or driver's license are not considered proof of residency
- Photo ID of registering parent or guardian
- Complete HBMS Registration/Enrollment packet (please use single sided and refrain from stapling)