Announcing LTMS UIL Academic Competition Tryouts for 2018-2019!
UIL Competition Event Dates- students must be able to attend the competition dates below
Wednesday March 27th- Math and Writing at Lake Travis MS 8am-12pm
Saturday March 30th - All other events at Hudson Bend MS 8am- 4pm
Tryouts will be held the Week of Jan 14th-18th by appointment with each coach.
- Students must schedule their tryouts ahead of time directly with each event coach.
- Students are encouraged to tryout for more than 1 event, but can only participate in 1 Wed event and 1 Sat event maximum if they make more than 1 team. See back of paper for which events competition are on Wed or Sat.
- A separate permission form and appointment is needed for each tryout/coach. Submit the tryout permission form directly to each event coach at the time of the tryout.
- Students who make a team and commit to it are expected to go to practice 2x a week until the competition dates.
Choose from 16 Academic Events!
How to Schedule a UIL Tryout: Jan 14th-18th
- Check and make sure your student is available to attend the competition dates.
- Read the event summaries on the previous page.
- Choose one or more events to try out for that fit the student’s academic strengths.
- Appointments to tryout must be made ahead of time, at Go Time. The student should visit each event coach of interest (listed below) to find out their tryout times, find out about the event, sign up to try out, and get a permission form they will need to return at the time of their tryout.
- Attend the scheduled tryout and return a signed permission form for each different event.
UIL Team Info
Maps, Graphs, Charts
Team Selections will be posted on each coach’s door on the morning of Jan 25th.
Practice will be held weekly at Go Time, or by after/before school meeting, starting the week of Jan 28th. Student must attend practices and be passing all classes to stay on the team.
We hope to see you there!
Please make sure you can attend the competition dates before joining!
Contact UIL Coordinator, Joan Tennison, at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.