Announcing LTMS UIL Academic Competition Tryouts for 2019-2020!
Tryouts will be held the Week of Dec 9th-13th by appointment with each coach.
- Students must schedule their tryouts ahead of time directly with each event coach.
- Students are encouraged to tryout for more than 1 event, but can only participate in 1 Wed event and 1 Sat event maximum if they make more than 1 team. See back of paper for which events competition are on Wed or Sat.
- A separate permission form and appointment is needed for each tryout/coach. Submit the tryout permission form directly to each event coach at the time of the tryout.
- Students who make a team and commit to it are expected to go to practice 2x a week until the competition dates.
UIL Competition Event Dates- students must be able to attend the competition dates below
- Wednesday March 4th - Math and Writing at Dripping Springs MS 8am-12pm
- Saturday March 7th - All other events at Sycamore Springs MS 8am- 4pm
How to Schedule a UIL Tryout: Dec 9th-13th
- Check and make sure your student is available to attend the competition dates.
- Read the event summaries on the previous page.
- More detailed information can be found on LTMS UIL web page, under the ‘Activities’ tab.
- Choose one or more events to try out for that fit the student’s academic strengths.
- Tryout appointments must be made ahead of time directly by the coach, at Go Time.
- Attend the scheduled tryout and return a signed permission form for each different event.
UIL Team Info
Maps, Graphs, Charts
Jessie Lawson Golden
Team Selections will be posted on each coach’s door on the morning of Dec 19th.
Practice will be held weekly at Go Time, or by after/before school meeting, starting the week of Jan 7th. Student must attend practices and be passing all classes to stay on the team.
We hope to see you there!
Please make sure you can attend the competition dates before joining a team!
Contact UIL Coordinator, Joan Tennison, at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.