LAKE TRAVIS MIDDLE SCHOOL is proud to announce...
Click the blue link for...
2022 UIL Academics Awards Results
UIL Academic Competition Tryouts for 2021-2022
UIL Academic Competition Dates 2021-2022- students must be able to attend the competition dates below
- Tuesday March 29th @ HBMS (all 5 math and writing events on this day) 8am-12pm
- Saturday April 2nd @ BCMS (all 11 other events on this day + art show) 8am- 4pm
Tryouts will be held the week of Jan 17th-21st by appointment with each coach.
Appointments should be made directly with each coach during the week of Jan 10th-14th.
- Students must schedule their tryouts ahead of time directly with each event coach.
- Students are encouraged to try out for more than 1 event, but can only participate in 1 Wed event and 1 Sat event maximum.
See below for which event competitions are on Tues 3/29 or Sat 4/2.
- A separate permission form and appointment is needed for each tryout/coach. Submit the tryout permission form directly to each event coach at the time of the tryout.
- Students who make a team and commit to it are expected to go to practice 2x a week until the competition dates.
HOW TO TRYOUT FOR UIL
Schedule a Tryout directly with the coach the week of Jan 10-14th
Attend Your Scheduled or Online Tryout the week of Jan 17th-21st
- Check and make sure your student is available to attend the competition dates.
- Read the event summaries on the school website.
- Choose one or more events to try out for that fit the student’s academic strengths.
- Appointments to tryout must be made ahead of time, at Go Time or during the school day.
The student should visit each event coach of interest (listed below) to sign up for a tryout.
Students will need to get a permission form they will need to return at the time of their tryout.
- Attend the scheduled tryout and return a signed permission form for each different event.
UIL Team Info
Maps, Graphs, Charts
Mary Catherine Thornhill
Team Selections will be posted on each coach’s door on the morning of Jan 31st.
Practice will be held weekly at Go Time, or by after/before school meeting, starting the week of Jan 31st at Go Time. Student must attend practices and be passing all classes to stay on the team.
We hope to see you there!
Please make sure you can attend the competition dates before joining a team!
Contact UIL Coordinator, Joan Tennison, at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.