Lake Travis Middle School earned UIL Academic Sweepstakes First Place!!!
Way to go, Knights!
6th Grade- First Overall
7th Grade- First Overall
8th Grade- Second OverallThank you to all Go Time teachers that took on extra students so we could practice as teams twice a week! Your support is essential and we appreciate you!HUGE thank you to our 16 UIL Coaches for the hard work and love they put into preparing LTMS student for their events! Thank you for uplifting our academically minded-students and giving them a place to shine! Thank you for reading all of my emails and doing all the small tasks that add up to a successful UIL season.Regarding Go Time: UIL will meet on Monday one last time to discuss results with the students and give out info about our celebration field trip. On Thursday, we will no longer meet for UIL and Go Times will return to normal.Almost 200 students from our school participate in Academic UIL, so tell them congrats!!Thank you,Joan TennisonUIL Coordinator
UIL Academic Competition 2017-2018
UIL Competition Dates- students must be able to attend the competition to make a team.
- Wednesday March 21st- Math and Writing at West Ridge MS 8am-12pm (during the school day)
- Saturday March 24th - All other events at Hill Country MS 8am- 4pm (on the weekend)
To schedule a tryout:
- Read the event descriptions.
- Choose one or more events that suit the student’s academic strengths.
- The student should contact the coach of the event directly (ASAP) to schedule a tryout during the tryout window (Jan 16th-19th)
- The student should attend the tryout at the scheduled date/time.
Tryout results will be posted on the door of each coach on the morning of Friday, Jan 26th.
If a student makes more than one team, they are able to participate in only 1 Tuesday Competition and 1 Saturday Competition and they must get permission from both coaches because they will have to split their practice time.
Practices are Monday/Thursday during Go Time and students must attend practice to remain on team.
UIL Team Info
Maps, Graphs, Charts