Welcome to The Destination District
The Lake Travis Independent School District is a 6A district located alongside the south shore of picturesque Lake Travis in the Texas Hill Country, about 20 miles west of Austin.
The district encompasses 118.2 square miles that are bound by the shores of Lake Travis on the north, Travis and Hays county lines on the south, the Pedernales River to the west, and Lake Austin and Barton Creek to the east.
Originally a component of the Dripping Springs school district, Lake Travis ISD was formed on June 12, 1981. At that time, 541 students were enrolled in grades K-12. Since then, district enrollment has increased to approximately 10,734 students (Oct. 2018) in nine campuses, including:
- Bee Cave Elementary School (Grades K-5)
- Lake Pointe Elementary School (Grades EE-5)
- Lake Travis Elementary School (Grades EE-5)
- Lakeway Elementary School (Grades K-5)
- Serene Hills Elementary School (Grades K-5)
- West Cypress Hills Elementary School (Grades K-5)
- Bee Cave Middle School (Grade 6-8)
- Hudson Bend Middle School (Grades 6-8)
- Lake Travis Middle School (Grades 6-8)
- Lake Travis High School (Grades 9-12)
Information about each campus can be found on individual school websites.
In all, our reputation for excellence in academic and extracurricular programs, modern and well-equipped facilities and dedicated, highly-qualified staff are a few of the many reasons why Lake Travis ISD is 'The Destination District’ for thousands of families.
Recent accomplishments include:
- Lake Travis ISD has earned multi-year placement on the College Board’s AP District Honor Roll for increasing access to AP coursework while maintaining or increasing the percentage of students earning scores of 3 or higher on AP exams.
- Thirty-seven seniors at Lake Travis High School earned recognition by the 2019 National Merit Scholarship Program for exceptional academic ability and potential for success in rigorous college studies.
- Lake Travis ISD was selected as a finalist in the ‘Small District’ category as part of HEB’s 2017 Excellence in Education Awards program; the award recognizes Lake Travis ISD for its commitment to student achievement through innovative programs, parent/community involvement, and professional development opportunities for teachers and administrators.
- Hudson Bend Middle School was named a 2014 'Texas Schools to Watch' for academic excellence and was re-designated in 2017.
- Lake Travis Elementary School was named a 2011 National Title I Distinguished School for innovation in helping students achieve high educational standards.
- Lake Travis High School earned the University Interscholastic League Lone Star Cup for team performance in district and state championships during the 2011-2012 school year.
- Since 1998, Lake Travis High School has garnered 29 team and individual state championships in University Interscholastic League athletics and academics as well as in a wide variety of extracurricular clubs and activities.
- For the 15th consecutive year, LTISD received a rating of ‘Superior Achievement’ under the Texas school finance accountability rating system.