Welcome to The Destination District
The Lake Travis Independent School District is a 6A district located alongside the south shore of picturesque Lake Travis in the Texas Hill Country, about 20 miles west of Austin.
The district encompasses 118.2 square miles that are bound by the shores of Lake Travis on the north, Travis and Hays county lines on the south, the Pedernales River to the west, and Lake Austin and Barton Creek to the east.
Originally a component of the Dripping Springs school district, Lake Travis ISD was formed on June 12, 1981. At that time, 541 students were enrolled in grades K-12. Since then, district enrollment has increased to approximately 11,409 students (October 2022) in 11 campuses, including:
- Bee Cave Elementary School (Grades K-5)
- Lake Pointe Elementary School (Grades EE-5)
- Lake Travis Elementary School (Grades EE-5)
- Lakeway Elementary School (Grades K-5)
- Rough Hollow Elementary (Grades K-5)
- Serene Hills Elementary School (Grades K-5)
- West Cypress Hills Elementary School (Grades K-5)
- Bee Cave Middle School (Grade 6-8)
- Hudson Bend Middle School (Grades 6-8)
- Lake Travis Middle School (Grades 6-8)
- Lake Travis High School (Grades 9-12)
Information about each campus can be found on individual school websites.
In all, our reputation for excellence in academic and extracurricular programs, modern and well-equipped facilities and dedicated, highly-qualified staff are a few of the many reasons why Lake Travis ISD is 'The Destination District’ for thousands of families.
Recent accomplishments include:
- A school-record 70 seniors at Lake Travis High School earned recognition by the 2022 National Merit Scholarship Program for exceptional academic ability and potential for success in rigorous college studies; seven students earned "Finalist" designation
- Lake Travis High School earned recognition as a 2021-2022 Project Lead The Way (PLTW) Distinguished School; it is one of just 191 high schools across the U.S. to receive this honor for providing broad access to transformative learning experiences for students through PLTW (Computer Science, Biomedical Science, Engineering)
- Lake Travis High School Men’s Soccer captured the 2022 UIL Class 6A state championship, claiming the first soccer state title in school history; Lake Travis also became the first Austin-area men’s team to win a UIL state championship in soccer
- Two students at Lake Travis High School earned recognition as National Medalists under the 2022 Scholastic Art and Writing Awards presented by the Alliance for Young Artists & Writers; according to the alliance, these students have been identified by panels of creative professionals as the most talented young artists and writers in the nation.
- The Lake Travis High School Cavalettes earned National Champion designation for their competition dances at the 2022 Crowd Pleasers Dance Texas National Showcase; the Cavalettes received top honors in Production and Pom as well as for their overall academic performance with an average GPA of 4.89.