Welcome to The Destination District
The Lake Travis Independent School District is a 6A district located alongside the south shore of picturesque Lake Travis in the Texas Hill Country, about 20 miles west of Austin.
The district encompasses 118.2 square miles that are bound by the shores of Lake Travis on the north, Travis and Hays county lines on the south, the Pedernales River to the west, and Lake Austin and Barton Creek to the east.
Originally a component of the Dripping Springs school district, Lake Travis ISD was formed on June 12, 1981. At that time, 541 students were enrolled in grades K-12. Since then, district enrollment has increased to approximately 9,800 students (Oct. 2016) in nine campuses, including:
- Bee Cave Elementary School (Grades K-5)
- Lake Pointe Elementary School (Grades EE-5)
- Lake Travis Elementary School (Grades EE-5)
- Lakeway Elementary School (Grades K-5)
- Serene Hills Elementary School (Grades K-5)
- West Cypress Hills Elementary School (Grades K-5)
- Hudson Bend Middle School (Grades 6-8)
- Lake Travis Middle School (Grades 6-8)
- Lake Travis High School (Grades 9-12)
Information about each campus can be found on individual school websites.
In all, our reputation for excellence in academic and extracurricular programs, modern and well-equipped facilities and dedicated, highly-qualified staff are a few of the many reasons why Lake Travis ISD is 'The Destination District’ for thousands of families.
Recent accomplishments include:
- Between 2013-2016, LTISD was named to the College Board’s AP District Honor Roll for increasing access to AP course work while maintaining or increasing the percentage of students earning scores of 3 or higher on AP exams.
- A school record 43 students at Lake Travis High School earned recognition by the 2016 National Merit Scholarship Program.
- Hudson Bend Middle School was named a 2014 ‘Texas Schools to Watch’ for academic excellence.
- Lake Travis Elementary School was named a 2011 National Title I Distinguished School for innovation in helping students achieve high educational standards.
- Lake Travis High School has been consistently recognized as one of “America’s Best High Schools” by Newsweek and U.S. News & World Report for how well teachers and staff prepare students for college.
- Lake Travis High School earned the University Interscholastic League Lone Star Cup for team performance in district and state championships during the 2011-2012 school year.
- Since 2007, Lake Travis High School has garnered numerous team and individual state championships in University Interscholastic League athletics and academics as well as in a wide variety of extracurricular clubs and activities including football, golf, swimming and diving, tennis and volleyball.
- For the 14th consecutive year, LTISD received a rating of ‘Superior Achievement’ under the Texas school finance accountability rating system.