Welcome to the LT Mentor Me Program
Important Update to LT Mentor Me Program
In an effort to maintain a safe environment for our staff and students, LTISD is limiting visitors to contracted service providers and other authorized personnel. As such, mentors are not permitted on our campuses at this time. Our protocols will be re-evaluated following each change in our current stage under Austin Public Health’s COVID-19 RIsk-Based Guidelines.
Become a Mentor Today!
- Mentors are adult volunteers who commit to working with one student throughout the course of the school year for 30 - 45 minutes at least twice a month (once a week is preferred).The child’s parent must sign a permission form before he or she can be mentored.
- Meetings must occur on campus during lunch or after school.
- Mentors must agree to a complete criminal background check to be conducted by the Texas Department of Public Safety.
- Mentors will be required to utilize Raptor and scan their driver license to sign in for each visit.
- Mentors will be required to attend a training session at the LTISD Central Administration building and sign a Confidentiality Pledge.
If you are interested in becoming a mentor, simply complete and scan the application below and email it to email@example.com, fax to 512-533-6001, or mail it to LTISD, Attn.: Community Relations, 3322 RR 620 South, Austin, TX 78738.
Criminal History Forms (Please return these forms with your application.)
Please contact GW Byers, LTISD Community Relations Liaison, at 512-533-6099 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
To learn more about our high school student PAL program (Peer Assistance and Leadership), CLICK HERE.