Welcome to the LT Mentor Me Program
Important Update to LT Mentor Me Program
Beginning January 12, 2022, we will suspend having visitors on campus during the school day with the exception of volunteers, scheduled parent meetings, or as otherwise approved by the school. We will reevaluate allowing visitors on campus as conditions in our community improve.
Become a Mentor Today!
- Mentors are adult volunteers who commit to working with one student throughout the course of the school year for 30-45 minutes at least twice a month (once a week is preferred).The child’s parent must sign a permission form before he or she can be mentored.
- Meetings must occur on campus during lunch or after school.
- Mentors must agree to a complete criminal background check to be conducted by the Texas Department of Public Safety.
- Mentors will be required to utilize Raptor and scan their driver's license to sign in for each visit.
- Mentors will be required to attend a training session at the LTISD Central Administration building and sign a Confidentiality Pledge.
If you are interested in becoming a mentor, simply complete and scan the application below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 512-533-6001, or mail it to LTISD Community Relations, 3322 RR 620 South, Austin, TX 78738.
Criminal History Forms (Please return these forms with your application.)
Criminal History Forms - Español (Envíe estos formularios con su solicitud.)
Please contact GW Byers, LTISD Community Relations Liaison, at 512-533-6099 or email@example.com for more information.
To learn more about our high school student PAL program (Peer Assistance and Leadership), CLICK HERE.