Research shows that young children’s earliest learning experiences can have powerful long-term effects on their cognitive and emotional development, school achievement, and later life outcomes. The Lake Travis ISD Prekindergarten program provides high-quality early-learning experiences for our youngest students. Prekindergarteners:
- Develop phonological awareness, letter knowledge and early writing
- Understand and use increasingly complex and varied language
- Develop and demonstrate an appreciation for books
- Develop math skills
- Develop social and emotional competence
- Use language to communicate for a variety of purposes
Pre-kindergarten Registration Information
- Parents or guardians should register their child at the elementary school within the attendance zone associated with his/her residence.
- Pre-K and Kinder Round Up for the 2020-2021 school year will occur in March 2020. Details to follow.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. This application requires a parent/guardian signature before submitting.