Student transfer opportunity for Rough Hollow Elementary School now open
May 2, 2022
Dear Rough Hollow Elementary School Parents and Guardians,
Lake Travis ISD students receive a quality education at each of our schools. As a fast growth school district, we continuously evaluate student enrollment to offer the best education possible at each of our campuses. Due to rapid growth in portions of the district, some campuses are approaching student enrollment that represents 120% functional capacity. At this time, the growth has been localized to the Rough Hollow Elementary School attendance zone for the 2022-2023 school year. With functional capacity available at other elementary schools, the district is allowing transfers out of campuses that have reached 120% functional capacity through parent choice.
2022-2023 School Year Parent Choice Transfers
For the 2022-2023 school year, parents may elect to transfer their student out of Rough Hollow Elementary School. Students may be transferred to Lake Pointe Elementary, Lake Travis Elementary, Lakeway Elementary, Serene Hills Elementary, or West Cypress Hills Elementary if there is available space in the requested grade level. Bee Cave Elementary is closed to Parent Choice Transfers because the campus is projected to reach 120% functional capacity during the 2023-2024 school year. When selecting a campus, please note that some special programs are only available at select campuses.
Request and Determination Timeline
- Parent Choice Transfer requests will be accepted May 2-27, 2022.
- All requests must be made via the district form. Requests received via other means will not be considered.
- The form is currently available online.
- Requests will be evaluated in the order received.
- Parents will be notified of approval or denial beginning in June.
Considerations for a Parent Choice Transfer
- Students must live within the boundaries of Lake Travis ISD.
- Applications for transfers must be submitted annually.
- Transfers will be considered in the order in which they are received and granted based on campus and grade-level availability.
- A student may return to their zoned campus at the completion of the academic year for which the transfer was approved.
- When a student completes the highest grade available at the transfer campus, they will be assigned to their zoned secondary campus. Students will not continue with their same peer group unless the campus selected for a transfer feeds into the assigned zoned secondary campus.
- If the application for transfer is submitted in a timely manner with all required paperwork, Parent Choice Transfers will be honored until the student completes the highest grade level offered at the campus of choice or new attendance boundaries that alleviate building capacity restrictions are approved.
- District transportation will not be provided for transfer students except as provided by statute or policy. Additional “Considerations for Transfer” are explained in Board Policy FDB(LOCAL).
If you have any questions regarding student transfers, please contact Suzanne Kelbaugh at email@example.com.